Date(s) - 11/24/2018
It is time to shop small with Small Business Saturday
Small Business Saturday is the Saturday after Thanksgiving. Consumers are encouraged to support businesses in the community. This is a great time to promote everything about your small business that makes it unique! Online marketing materials are available for free from the American Express website. There is also a list of participating businesses, tips and tricks, and marketing advice for the holiday season.
Promote your business with customizable materials
“The big day is almost here. In less than two minutes, you can create custom materials to let customers know what makes your business unique and to encourage your community to shop…with you.” -American Express website
These customizable materials are available to download for use in print, online, social media, and more! The marketing materials are even available in Spanish. Check out the Customization Studio by clicking here.
Plan an event
“As a Neighborhood Champion or small business supporter, hosting a local event is a great way for you to get the whole community out to Shop Small on Small Business Saturday and all year round.” – American Express website
Some events that American Express recommends to boost your business during the holiday season:
- Food Festival
- Restaurants could host a holiday food festival to ring in the holidays and attract the whole community.
- Kick-off Breakfast
- Kick-off Small Business Saturday the right way with a yummy breakfast to welcome the community!
- Shop Small Passport
- Download and print Small Business Passports. Each small business in the area could provide a stamp to consumers that stop in to shop.
- Welcome Station
- This is a great place to hand out and Shop Small merchandise that you may have. Reusable shopping bags, stickers, pins, pens, etc. Maps could be provided highlighting the small businesses in the community.
- Pop-up Market
- Work-from-home businesses could set up a pop-up market in their community to present merchandise and gain new customers.